I love the design, so clever how it works out. My husband also loves it, and when he approves, I know it's a great hit. And it looks like Filip feels pretty cool in it.
I used a double strand fingering weight merino yarn and used a Norwegian adaptation of the pattern, which is a hat/neck warmer all in one. Sadly, I knitted the neck far too short, so I'll just have to make one more. And that's ok, because it was so much fun making it!
Mønster: Klikk her (norsk mønster)
Garn: Dobbel tråd Nøstebarn (2-trådet)
Pinne: 3, 5 mm
Str: 1 år. (Tror jeg skal strikke neste lue i str 2 år, og med mye lenger hals enn på denne.)
I received an award from Siren with a lovely knitting blog, thank you so much! So I am supposed to share 7 interesting things about myself. Well, I'll give you 7 random facts about myself instead:
1. I hate having short hair. Whenever I get tired of long hair and cut it, I end up regretting it miserably the next day.
2. I love period dramas, type Pride and Prejudice.
3. I dream about getting a black belt in Taekwondo. I have a blue belt, but have not been practicing since I got pregnant with Filip.
4. I love knitting (Go figure!).
5. When I was pregnant I had an insane gathering-berries-and-preserving-them-for- the-winter-instinct. I still have rows of jam left, 1. 5 yrs later.
6. I dream about becoming a great seamstress, and making baby clothes and pretty quilts galore. I'll start trying after my thesis is handed in.
7. I've always wanted to have curly hair. Tried a perm when I was 16. The result was so disastrous I have never worked up the courage to try it again.